I recently went to Shane’s Rib Shack Shane’s Rib Shack for lunch during regular lunch hours. They use a sweet and spicy sauce and you can taste the cayenne. It’s a little “hotter” than medium spicy. The ribs fall off the bone. Ask for towelettes, they are messy, but worth the mess. I ordered a half rack of ribs with 2 sides. I had an order of fries and a side salad. They have macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, or a side salad as well as a few other options. If you like Texas toast, you’re in luck. It comes with everything. Dishes are served in baskets.
If ribs aren’t your thing, they also have barbecue sandwiches and other menu items. If you like baked potatoes, be warned: they’re HUGE. (see below) Among other toppings, you can get barbecued chicken on your potato.
Note: they do not serve dessert, but it’s not like you really need it because the portions are large.
Shane’s Rib Shack is pretty much an “everybody” kind of place. Work lunches, families, whatever. If you like any of the sauces, they sell them by the front door. I want to get a bottle of the sweet and spicy.
Location visited: Gastonia
- Space and accessibility – 5 Tables were spaced for getting around well, ground level entry.
- Sanitation – 5 Everything was nice and clean.
- Friendliness of staff – 5 No issues, everyone was friendly
- Service time – 5 Service is fairly quick
- Overall taste – 5 Ribs were amazing
- Bang for your buck – 4 Prices are comparable to Midtown Sundries